Romanian Bookmakers and Rombet have teamed up to form a federation of gambling organizations. The new representation structure aims to provide a realistic and balanced operating framework for this sector.
The gambling and betting industry in Romania has, since April, a new structure meant to represent it in supporting and promoting professional, economic, legislative and social interests in dialogue with Romanian state institutions, other private entities and individuals. Romanian Bookmakers and Rombet have teamed up to form a federation of gambling organizations.
The Gambling Federation, a non-governmental, apolitical and non-profit organization, established for the desire to develop a realistic, predictable and balanced operating environment for the gambling market, to ensure a fair public image of the industry and a fair competitive framework, as well as the desire to be actively involved in the social environment, by promoting the principles of social responsibility.
The Gambling Federation brings together, for the beginning, two of the most important associations representing gambling operators, Romanian Bookmakers and Rombet. Other entities interested in this structure are welcome to join along the way.
“The general perception about the role of an employer is that it must defend the interests of its members. We aim to go beyond this role and rely heavily on adopting and promoting responsible behavior towards the gambler and aligning our field with the society. The Federation will contribute to promoting a responsible attitude of the business environment in which we operate and to increasing the degree of compliance of operators, finally obtaining the much desired improvement of the public image of this economic sector”, says Liviu Popovici, President of Romanian Bookmakers.
To achieve its purpose, the Federation will carry out, without limiting to, the following types of activities:
- formulating legislative proposals to improve the legislative framework;
- promoting dialogue and cooperating with central and local authorities in order to create a business environment based on the principles of free competition and a market economy;
- promoting fair competition and cooperation with other institutions or organizations in the country or abroad on issues specific to the regulation of gambling activity;
- providing information, consultancy, promotion, conciliation and representation services in front of the authorities regarding the gambling activities carried out in Romania;
- providing consultancy services relating to gambling employment and training;
- carrying out professional training and development programs for young people, up to the age of 25, as well as for the protection of vulnerable categories of players;
- promoting the principles of social responsibility, especially in the field of gambling;
- establishing a partnership with local and central authorities in order to create a business environment based on the principles of free competition and a market economy;
- cooperation with other organizations in the country or abroad working in the field of gambling, in order to implement global technical and legislative developments in the domestic field of gambling.