Live RTP on slots, does it really help or not?

Wednesday, 13 September 2023

Live RTP on slots is a concept that is becoming familiar in many online casinos. RTP is already associated with the payout that slots make to players. In this context, Live RTP is the indicator that shows how much a game gives back in real time.

Live RTP

The players’ results are retrieved by the software and processed in real time. If more players win, Live RTP will go up, if not, it will go down.

Live RTP = RTP shown in real time on a slot based on player winnings.

RTP stands for Return to Player and is the percentage of winnings out of the total bets a game/casino gives for a particular game. Simplistically, if a game has an RTP of 96%, then theoretically the game will give you 95 RON back for every 100 RON you play. That’s if you’re playing alone at a particular slot.

In fact, there may be times when you are the only player in a game among so many slots. There may also be times when several players play at the same time. How many? You wouldn’t know. Just as in a casino, you have no way of knowing how many players have played Lucky Lady’s Charm Deluxe in the last 2 days. Neither how many won, nor how many didn’t, nor the stakes.

When it comes to Live RTP, you need to understand that there may be variables that you miss. At the same time, you can consider it an indicator for the games you want to have fun at. Its interpretation depends very much on your playing style, preferences and expectations.

Live RTP is measured and updated every few minutes depending on the number of players.

I also suggest some images that I think will have a significant visual impact on a player:

I log into my game account and see the Live RTP (measured at 60 minutes): XPANDER in first place with 265.63% real-time payout percentage. Next is Lucky Lady`s Charm Deluxe, an already iconic game with 241.47%, Ruby Megaways with 185.43% and Gold Party with 154.41%.

Games with the lowest Live RTP in the same hour: Power of Thor Megaways cu 14.64%, Stack`Em, The Dog House Megaways și 20 Hot Blast. Of these 4 only, at least 2 are very popular and sought after by players.

And then I can’t help but ask myself a few questions:

  • What could be the stake on the highest Live RTP slot?
  • How often have they made payments to players, is it more than one or is it a very large payment?
  • Regarding the games with the lowest live RTP, are they really not played at all or just in the last hour? For the previous game sessions, did they make payments?

Far from trying to pretend to be objective, I just want to interpret this indicator correctly. And “fair” means advantageous to me.

Is a game with huge Live RTP advantageous for me or should I avoid it?

At another online casino, the hourly Live RTP figures are even more interesting:

Here, The Dog House Megaways is the clear hourly leader in payouts to players at 483%. However, this percentage varies very quickly, adjusts, changes according to the dynamics of the stakes and other factors. Otherwise, it is a game with a stated RTP of 96.55%, with very high volatility. Appreciated by players, highly rated, but the point is different. The game will tend towards 96 and this, mathematically speaking, is only possible by subtraction. From 483 to 96, the difference is significant.

Traditional RTP is measured in millions of spins, Live RTP is measured in hourly intervals.

And since Murphy’s Laws apply to gambling, I have to be realistic about having fun with my money. And if a game has a declared RTP of 96%, I take into account that the remaining 4% is the operator’s margin. But that 4% can quickly become 92% when it comes to Live RTP.

Basically, in looking for a suitable Live RTP, you need to visit your favorite casinos often, pay attention, know some information about the games (RTP, volatility, popularity) and keep in mind that the figures vary rapidly. You are not the only player. There may be many others who enjoy a particular slot.

Author: Editor

Share This Post On

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published.